Trying to purchase something is still far from a perfect experience, especially online. Not only are you taken through a tedious sign-up process, you’re also expected to trust the merchant and pay them before you even get to look at the merchandise. No wonder that only 9% of total commerce is done online: it’s just not easy enough. Klarna is looking to solve all that.
Klarna was founded 6 years ago by three Swedish entrepreneurs and has been growing rapidly ever since, thanks to its offering. It lets customers pay only after getting their product, while guarding merchants from risk – making purchases simpler and safer for everyone while growing sales for merchants. This also drew one of the best (maybe THE best) VCs in the world – Sequoia – to invest in the company.
We are Klarna’s Risk Management and Decision team; we deploy state of the art methodologies and tools (forensics, pattern recognition, network analysis, advanced statistics and even Theory of Constraints) to deliver the decisions that make Klarna’s business model possible. We’re looking for analysts to join the team.
This is where you come in.
Decision analysts in Klarna are motivated, strong achievers who specialize in using our methodology and tools to prevent payments fraud, predict credit worthiness and stop abusive customers. They work individually and in a group to identify patterns in user behavior data and turn these patterns into accept and reject decisions, delivered both manually and automatically. This is an entry level position with excellent prospects for getting into data analysis, risk management and automated decisions. If these areas sound interesting, you need to apply.
If you are our dream candidate, you probably:
· Play to win. You know what we mean.
· Can absorb vast quantities of information in short periods of time.
· Have some proven ability to make quality decisions based on partial data and under time pressure.
· Know or at least have a tendency to look at masses of data and identify patterns in it.
· Are constantly encouraged by your friends to go on game shows because you always know the answers.
· Lead an active life with multiple activities – because you can always rest later.
- This is a full time position in either Sweden (Stockholm) or Israel (Tel Aviv), with preference for Stockholm. Be local, or dazzle us completely and be ready to relocate ASAP. That said, if you feel like this is your dream job and you’re in the US, do drop me a line.
- Fluent English is a must. Additional languages are a plus (in Israel, Hebrew is highly desired).
- No relevant experience required. We prefer diverse backgrounds (I hold a B.Sc. in Biology and Philosophy). That said, if you’re experienced and looking for cool new challenges – we have multiple advanced challenges.
- Bachelors’ graduates preferable, but all (= high school students to PhDs) may apply.
- Some proof of excellence and analytic skills is highly desired (GMAT or Psychometric exam over 700, SAT > 1400, top programs, top schools)
- Some technical skills or background (again, doesn't have to be formal) will push you to the front of the line. Please don’t refer to proficiency with Office as “technical skills”.
Interested? Contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org / @ohadsamet